This page contains a list of ISOC-AU policy
documents, sorted chronologically.
A separate index-page lists the same documents, sorted by topic-area.
- 02 Nov 2009: Submission on the
Internet Industry Association's Draft E-Security Code (.pdf, 180 KB).
- 11 Oct 2009: Submission on the
Inquiry into the Telecommunications Legislation Amendment (Competition and
Consumer Safeguards) Bill 2009 (.pdf, 230 KB).
- 11 Sep 2009: Submission on the
auDA Inquiry into Domain Renewal, Expiry and Deletion Policy (.pdf,
- 06 Aug 2009: Submission on the
National Broadband Network Company: Legislation and Access Regime
(.pdf, 168 KB).
- 12 Jul 2009: Submission on an
Cyber Crime by the House of Representatives Standing Committee on
Communications (.pdf, 200 KB).
- 09 Jun 2009: Submission to the
NTIA Inquiry: Assessment of the Transition of the
Technical Coordination and Management of the Internet's Domain Name and
Addressing System (.doc, 58 KB).
- 03 Jun 2009: Submission on the National
Broadband Network: Regulatory Reform for 21st Century Broadband (.pdf, 270
- 15 Feb 2009: Submisson on the Continued
Transition of the Technical Coordination and Management of the Internet's
Domain Name and Addressing System (.doc, 140 KB).
- 11 Feb 2009: Submission on the DBCDE
Consultation Paper: Digital Economy Future Directions (.doc, 80 KB).
- 26 Jan 2009: Submission on the ALRC Report on
Australian Privacy Law and Practice (.doc, 60 KB).
- 16 Nov 2008: Response to the
Australian Communications and Media Authority consultation paper,
Restricted Access Systems Declaration
(.doc, 65 KB).
- 08 Sep 2008: Joint auDA/ISOC-AU response to
DBCDE questions on IPv6 readiness (.pdf, 143 KB).
- 26 Aug 2008: Submission on the
Regulatory Arrangements Associated with the National Broadband
Network (.pdf, 214 KB).
- 15 Aug 2008: Submission on ICANN's
Independent Review of the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) (.doc, 36 KB).
- 01 Aug 2008: Submission to auDA Industry
Competition Advisory Panel (.doc, 86 KB).
- 30 Jun 2008: Submission on the Regulatory
Arrangements Associated with the National Broadband Network (.doc, 73 KB).
- 16 May 2008: Submission in
response to the
Internet Industry Association draft Content Services Code (.doc, 64 KB).
- 30 Apr 2008: Submission to the Review
of the National Innovation System by Tony Hill, President ISOC-AU
(.pdf, 145 KB) -
see Review website.
- 03 Apr 2008: Submission to the ACT Local
2020 Summit by Tony Hill, President ISOC-AU, on IPv6 (.doc, 51 KB).
- 30 Mar 2008: Submission on the issues ISOC-AU
believes should be addressed in the Panel of Experts' Request for Proposals for
a National Broadband Network (NBN) (.pdf, 134 KB).
- 31 Jan 2008: Submission on
the ICANN Domain Tasting Initial Report (.doc, 64 KB).
- 17 Jan 2008: Submission in
response to the Australian Domain Name Administrator (auDA) Draft
Strategic Plan (.doc, 81 KB).
- 01 Nov 2002: Submission on
Review of Broadcasting Services Act.
- 14 Aug 2002: Submission to the Broadband
Advisory Group: recommendations on `Fast Internet' terminology;
10Mbps speeds; symmetric
access; pricing; rural and remote issues; national leadership.
- 02 May 2002: Submission on SPAM to NOIE
round table discussion. This submission responds to an invitation
for input into an issues paper for consideration at round table discussions.
These discussions are directed toward investigations into the extent of spam
(unsolicited bulk e-mail) problems in Australia and to assess the
effectiveness of current counter measures for controlling illegal or
inappropriate practices, as requested by the Minister for Communications,
Information Technology and the Arts, Senator Richard Alston.
- 10 Nov 1999: Submission on "Consultation Paper
- Restricted Access Systems". This submission comments on the ABA's
proposed restricted access system guidelines. ISOC-AU finds that the
proposals demand that users provide irrelevant personal information
that infringes privacy and may have security implications, and relies
upon undeveloped technology with unknown implementation costs. Thanks to
member Rodos Haywood for preparation of this submission.
- 27 Oct 1999: Comments on Discussion
Paper for the National Bandwidth Inquiry
- 30 Sep 1999: ISOC-AU Submission
on ACT Draft Internet Content Legislation. The States and Terrritories
are considering legislation to enforce BSA provisions on suppliers of
prohibited Internet content. The draft legislation shows the same
misunderstandings as the BSA of the nature of the Internet, and also
leads to some unexpected consequences of regarding Internet content as
- 30 Sep 1999: ISOC-AU Comments
on the IIA Draft Code of Practice Version 5.0.
This Code may be selected for declaration by the ABA as a mandatory
code for ISPs and Internet Content providers, so it is essential that
all Australian Internet users be aware of the limitations of its provisions.
Our thanks to Phillips Fox, Lawyers, for advice on this response.
- 24 May 1999: ISOC-AU has made a submission to the
House of Representatives, Standing Committee on Procedure, on enhancing
community involvement in parliamentary procedures. See here for the
submission. Thanks to member Marghanita da Cruz.
- 30 Apr 1999: ISOC-AU has made a submission to the Select Committee
on Information Technologies, arguing that the proposed "Broadcasting
Services Amendment (Online Services) Bill 1999" will do
little to achieve its goal in restricting children's access
to unsuitable material on the Internet, has serious technological
limitations, and may damage the fledgling Internet industry in Australia.
Here is the ISOC-AU
submission. Thanks to member Rodos Hayward.